Skip to content
Peroneal Tendon problems..
pattimelt6395 posted:
1989, had a problem with this tendon. It actually was "flip flopping" over the ankle bone as I walked. Docs surgically repaired, and have been doing fine--if it got stiff, I would do the therapy that I was taught way back then after the surgery, and write the alphabet with my toes. Everything was good-- until recently.

Noticed a bruise where the tendon attaches to the shin bone. No big deal. Well, now the tendon is doing that "flip flop" thing again, and there is a decent amount of swelling at the top of the ankle. I don't know whether to be worried and go see the doc (and I'm really not in a good situation to have surgery again, as I just started a new job), or do what the doc did to begin with and just put on a removable cast that I already own and keep it immobile for a while and hope that helps.

Any suggestions??

Helpful Tips

Hydration and the HeatExpert
Keep in mind with the warmer weather upon us, that our bodies will take some time to adapt to the temperature changes. Our bodies adapt ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 35 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center