Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
strange bruising on arm
An_252192 posted:
Hello. My daughter (age 10) was spinning in circles five days ago, and fell to the ground landing on her left forearm. She did not land on any rocks or branches. She now has a very strange bruise, one I have never seen before. It is about 3" x 6" very dark color with a small, about 1/4" lump in the middle. The lump is flesh toned/white. She says the only thing that hurts is the lump and only when she pushes on it.

This can be the only cause of injury that she is aware of. There are no puncture wounds indicating a bug bite.

I was just concerned, because, like I said earlier, I have never seen this type of bruise before. Does anyone have any ideas or if I should even be concerned? She does have full use of her arm.

Thanks!

Helpful Tips

Ankle sprain prevention
There is a new school of thought emerging on how to prevent ankle sprains. A new training device called "The Shifter" has shown to increase ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center