Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
shoulder injury
jackie22283 posted:
I was injured 4 months ago. I am a nurse and a very heavy combative man dislocated my left shoulder. I guess you can say it was one of those nights.It took a whole month before i was diagnosed with SLAP tear. First MRI was inconclusive second MRI showed the tear. My pain had never fully gone away but I had slowly regained most of my range of motion. I do appearently have multidirectiontional instability due to hyperflexibity. A couple of weeks ago I was just leaning over someone at work teaching them about our computer charting my shoulder felt like it was gonna dislocate again so i thought if i put my hand on the desk i would stabilize the joint and it wouldnt dislocate. Instead i heard a loud popping/snapping noise and was instantly in a lot of pain. I can no longer do my physical therapy due to severe pain and very deminished range of motion. My physical therapist wrote in her last updated note I have positive sulcus sign and positive apprehension test. My grip stregth is noticably (80 vs 20 affected side)different now where as before with the intial injury i didnt have this strength issue.
I feel like I am backed into a corner because it is workmans comp and not sure what to do? Up till this point i have been treated conservativly. Am I going crazy or is conservative therapy still appropriate. When is surgery appropriate?

Note to whoever reads this: I have a 2 year old whom I con nolonger hold because of the pain, and my home life has been severly affected due to the pain and now lack of sleep)

Helpful Tips

Running ShoesExpert
Remember to replace your running shoes every 300-400- miles or every 6 months. Many running related injuries are due to worn out footwear. More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center