Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
knee "dislocation"
An_252492 posted:
I am an active and fit 49 year old female, and last night as I was getting into bed in the same way as always, my knee suddenly felt as if something "caught". It was bent at about 90 degrees and the pain was excruciating, and it radiated down my shin all the way to my ankle. After 30 seconds or so of this (in which I could barely talk the pain was so intense), I asked my husband to grab my ankle and slowly straighten my leg. About 10 degrees in, there was a tremendous pop which we both heard and felt, and my pain was mostly gone. To me, it felt like one of my lower leg bones was out of place and then slid back in. Today, I see no swelling and there is no pain to speak of, but I am scared to death of this happening again. Any thoughts on what this could have been and what, if anything, I should do for it?

Helpful Tips

Hydration and the HeatExpert
Keep in mind with the warmer weather upon us, that our bodies will take some time to adapt to the temperature changes. Our bodies adapt ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center