Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Knee Injury Recover
KayLosciuto posted:
Hi folks, injured my knee skiing at Breckenridge at the end of March (2013). From what I've read, the anatomy diagrams, and discussions with medical friends, it appears to be the MCL. Heard the pop in my knee when I went down on what was icy snow at the time, but was able to get down the mountain gingerly. First week or 2 it was very unstable and painful, has gotten better and better over the 3ish months and can jog etc., but pain still wakes me up in the middle of the night at least once a night, even though it doesn't hurt when I go to bed. Am going to a karate seminar at the end of July and am not sure how to be treating this. Have read most MCL injuries don't require surgery and heal in 3 to 4 weeks. Suggestions?
Thanks...K

Helpful Tips

Running ShoesExpert
Remember to replace your running shoes every 300-400- miles or every 6 months. Many running related injuries are due to worn out footwear. More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center