Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Uncommon Injury Caused by Running
An_254256 posted:
I injured myself during a half marathon in March and I've taken time off but it doesn't seem like it's getting better.

When it first happened I felt pain in my lower right side on my back and extending up to the right side of my chest. When it first happened it made it very hard to breath but now the injury is more of just a nagging.

I can feel it if I take a deep breath in and exhale fast. It just feels like something is there on my right side near the bottom of my rib cage. It sometimes bothers me on short runs and sometimes it doesn't.

I think I'm going to have to see a doctor but I'm not sure what they could do to help me recover. Any ideas at all? I'm fit, 25 year old male, and had proper training for my half marathon so it wasn't caused by me not being ready.

Helpful Tips

My Easy Fix
I went through ALL the treatments, physical therapy, steroid injections, different shoes, "the boot"...none of it worked. Then, I had a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center