Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Haring trauma
    msbusybee5 posted:
    I am in search of a doctor who can address my 28 year olddaugthers' recent hearing lose. She was assaulted and her head was used as a battering ram. We did not think anything was wrong until 8 months after the assault she lost her hearing in one ear. Many, many doctors are saying there is nothing they can do and they have said the assault had nothing to do with it. in my research I see that there is a possibilty her inner ear could have shifted causing the canal to block itself.
    Would someone take a moment and send me anything to help my baby,
    atti_editor responded:
    Hi msbusybee5,

    I am sorry to hear about what your daughter is going through. Unfortunately, we do not have an expert in this community to answer questions, and even then they are not able to diagnose your daughter through the internet alone. There might be someone on this board who has had a similar experience and will chime in with some support or advice.

    I know that you say many doctors have said there is nothing they can do. Have you consulted with an ENT (ear, nose and throat) specialist?

    You might want to post your discussion in our Ear Nose and Throat Community , where our expert, Rod Moser, PA, PhD, might be able to give you some insight. Again, he cannot diagnose your daughter.

    To post, just follow the link above and click on the orange "post not" button as you did in this community.

    I wish you and your daughter the best of luck, and I hope that you will keep us updated on your findings.

    msbusybee5 replied to atti_editor's response:
    Thank you Atti_editor,
    i will follow up with the ENT community and I and my daughter appreciate your response.

    Helpful Tips

    My Easy Fix
    I went through ALL the treatments, physical therapy, steroid injections, different shoes, "the boot"...none of it worked. Then, I had a ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center