Skip to content
Groin strain
An_255577 posted:
I strained my groin while running. I can do all regular day to day activities, but can't run. It's been two months now. Any suggestion how to improve things?

ktmone responded:
Aside from a visit to your dr. for assessment, utilize R.I.C.E.S: Rest, Ice Compression, Elevation, Support. Try to avoid heat for first 72 hours or so. I would refrain from running.
[a style="COLOR: #006699; CURSOR: pointer" id=exchange-post-enabled_A8 class=template-reply-post onclick="LoginCreatePost(this,'sports-medicine-exchange','3'); return false;">
K[a style="COLOR: #006699; CURSOR: pointer" id=exchange-post-enabled_A8 class=template-reply-post onclick="LoginCreatePost(this,'sports-medicine-exchange','3'); return false;">

atti_editor responded:
Hello and thank you for posting!

Here is some information that I found on groin pulls and possible treatments . As the previous poster stated, ice is a good option, as well as a compression bandage or tape, and slowing introducing stretching and strengthening exercises. Be sure that you don't rush things, healing takes time. If you are in a lot of pain, or it lasts longer than six months, you should see your doctor to assess what next steps might be right for you.

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

Ankle injuries
Anything beyond a grade 1 lateral ankle strain I feel is best treated in a Fx boot and or cast with WBAT or crutches. Follow up xrays a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center