Skip to content
is running the problem??
sherm80 posted:
I know it's hard to diagnose online, but quick question. I explained this to my dr., and she seemed not too concerned, and just said use some ibuprofen if needed.

question: I am a runner, and lately, either it's related to the running, or arthritis, OR both!! But, after sitting for awhile, when arising, there is discomfort feeling UNDER the buttocks and sometimes (not always), the ache goes down back of leg. The feeling is like that of sitting on a hard bench for awhile or a bad bicycle seat, and you get that stiff, achy feeling in your buttocks area. Will sometimes feel BETTER after exercise, and some days are better than others.

Again, arthritis is probably involved somewhat. I also deal with a congenital low back "problem", that always has a low grade ache. Can that resonate down to lower buttocks area?? Is running exacerbating this whole discomfort? I'm a female in my 50s.

The dr is probably right---after all is said and done, take ibuprofen when needed!! haha

Helpful Tips

Hydration and the HeatExpert
Keep in mind with the warmer weather upon us, that our bodies will take some time to adapt to the temperature changes. Our bodies adapt ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center