Skip to content
Lower Back Pain
laurelvalen posted:
I had a twisting back injury on 2/26. I went to an orthopedic doctor on 3/4 and was given Naprosyn, clear Xrays and told to use heat and ice interchangeably. I have been following Doctor's orders.

Initial Symptoms: When I lift my right leg my lower back on left tenses up and hurts. When I rotate left to right with my hips, the same effect on my lower back on left. When I go to bend and touch my toes I can only make it half way before it hurts in the same spot. When I lift my left leg it is a little uncomfortable. The pain starts in my lower left back and travels right every single time it hurts. Pain is relieved by rest and heat/ice.

New symptoms: pain in my buttocks when I perform all of the above, and more intense lower back pain in the same spot but now instead of it radiating from left to right, it shoots all the way up my back.

I cannot get an appointment until Thursday. Any interim diagnoses or suggestions until then?

What could have caused the change from my initial symptoms to my new symptoms when all I have been doing is resting, icing, heating, and taking my medication?

atti_editor responded:
Hello laurelvalen,

Were you able to get in to see a doctor? If so, did they find anything/did you get treatment options? Here are some possible causes of lower back pain and some home treatment options that may interest you. I hope that your back is feeling better!

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

Hydration and the HeatExpert
Keep in mind with the warmer weather upon us, that our bodies will take some time to adapt to the temperature changes. Our bodies adapt ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center