Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Achilles Pain
adcl73 posted:
I was running a lot last year. I began to have Achilles pain at the end of the year. I would stretch and rest it and it would get better. Now, I have pain constantly. It is tender to the touch, hurts to go up stairs and do not always have full range of motion. I never felt a pop or snap. I can stand on my toes. I am just trying to figure out what it might be. I have terrible insurance coverage and have been putting off getting it checked.

atti_editor responded:
Hello adcl73,

While we cannot give medical advice or diagnosis here, you might want to look over this information on achilles tendon problems. It could be that you have achilles tendinopathy or tendinitis in your achilles. The links above will provide you with more information. You might try these physical therapy and rehab tips for achilles tendon injuries. If your pain worsens or changes, it would be a good idea to make an appointment to see your doctor -- or a physical therapist for more formal rehabilitation. I hope this helps!

Best wishes,
Atti

An_256234 responded:
Whatever you do, don't ignore an Achilles tendon problem. I'm recovering from surgery for a ruptured Achilles, and you don't want to go through that if it can be avoided simply because it will sideline you for a long time as you heal! I had tendinopathy that didn't respond to rest or physical therapy. I never felt a pop or snap either.

Have you tried elevation and icing accompanying your resting?

adcl73 replied to An_256234's response:
I have not tried icing it. I will try that. What did they try that did not work? I need to go get it checked. I having been putting it of because of the medical costs. Was there a distinct difference in symptoms of tendinopathy verses the rupture?

Helpful Tips

Ankle sprain prevention
There is a new school of thought emerging on how to prevent ankle sprains. A new training device called "The Shifter" has shown to increase ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center