Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Right Elbow Pain While Working Out!
jszaradowski posted:

What should I do for right elbow pain that I only get when working out my triceps? Sometimes I also get the pain when sweeping at work. Last Monday I worked out chest/ triceps,from 4:30-5:30. By 7pm felt a burning sensation inside right elbow.

What should I do? Should I get it checked out by a doctor? If I should get it looked at, What type of doctor should I see?

Currently have no insurance. What can happen if I do nothing?

atti_editor responded:
Hi jszaradowski,

The pain in your elbow could be caused by overuse and the repetitive movements of your workout as well as sweeping. Bursitis is commonly caused by overuse and repeated movements and it's symptoms include dull pain, tenderness and stiffness near the affected area. The elbow is one of the most common places this occurs. Resting your elbow, applying ice, using pain relievers, and doing range-of-motion exercises daily are some of the things you can do to at home to help if this is what you have (these will also help if it is a simple overuse problem). The link above will provide you with more information.

If your pain is severe or worsening, make an appointment to see your doctor. Physical therapy or another form of treatment may be necessary.

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

Running ShoesExpert
Remember to replace your running shoes every 300-400- miles or every 6 months. Many running related injuries are due to worn out footwear. More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center