Skip to content
Improving knee flexibility after surgery
undefined posted:
Last year in May, I had surgery in my right knee to remove part of my meniscus that had become damaged in a sport-related accident. I was not very good about doing my assigned exercises after my surgery and I noticed that I didn't get my full range of motion back. My range of motion does not affect day-to-day activities, but my left knee can bend further than my right. Is there any way to fix this now? Or is it too late?
atti_editor responded:
Hi undefined,

Have you spoken with your doctor about what options may be available to you? Are you seeing a physical therapist? Massage therapy, stretching, and manipulation of your knee by a physical therapist may have some positive affect on your range of motion, but a medical professional will have more insight into how these may help in your specific situation. Please let us know how you are doing!

Best wishes,

Helpful Tips

pain on your bikeExpert
Proper bike fit is one of the more important elements to enjoying a ride. A proper bike fit can help prevent neck pain, back pain, hand ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center