Skip to content
Constant hard back muscle spasm
An_257714 posted:
I fell on my back 3 yrs ago and left side of my back became swollen and hard from upper thoracic to lower spine n around left side waist level. I couldn't breathe nor sit back for many years. Drs said they had never seen anything like it. Against dr beliefs 1-1/2 yrs later in desperation I saw a chiropractor. To make a long painful story short I still have raised hard area on left back which will not go away. Swimming n stretches and slight massage can make side feel mushy n temporary slight change but then back to the way it wuss. Chiro said he had never seen anything like it. I have fibromyalgia chronic fatigue and scoliosis x2 places which they think might be worsened by tight muscles pulling it over. My center of gravity is badly compromised and when my upper body starts giving out I go forward to the ground so finally got cane to push back. With no insurance go does nothing. I swim see chiropractic easy massage n tens machine off n on but still there. I get to where I don't want to live anymore if the quality of my life is a couple fairly good days for me then weeks of exhaustion n pain. I have researched to death n nothing about a constant contracted hard muscle spasm. Is there anyone out there who has seen this? God bless n thank u for listening. I also only sleep 1hr at a time getting 3 hrs total on average n yes that is.how I fell the dress kept increasing meds to sleep but I would still get up then fall asleep standing up n eventually legs give out. On typical meds Sevilla methadone n Xanax muscle relaxer. Ok sorry that gives u an idea. Thank u jjj

atti_editor responded:
I am so sorry that you are experiencing this! While I don't have any experience with constant contracted hard muscle spasms, you may find help and/or support in our Back Pain Community , where members are active. I hope that you find the answers you are looking for!

maryann_wilmarth responded:
Hello An_257714

The one thing that comes to mind when I hear your symptoms and story is myofascial release. This may be helpful for that left side. It may not cure it, but it could certainly help. The lumbodorsal fascial is a very large diamond shaped strong fascia, tissue, in the low back and the left side of it could be extremely tight for you given your history and the scoliosis.

Best wishes.

Dr. Mary Ann Wilmarth
Back2BackPT

Helpful Tips

Running ShoesExpert
Remember to replace your running shoes every 300-400- miles or every 6 months. Many running related injuries are due to worn out footwear. More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center