Skip to content
Knee Pain Type?
jszaradowski posted:
Wondering if someone can tell me what type of knee pain I have and what I should do?

A couple of years ago, while working at a local mcdonald's I sat down for lunch after work and had severe pain in right knee if I straightened leg. I didn't see a doctor for this, just iced it every night I went to bed and wore a knee brace for a week.

now when I run usually not more than 5.0 speed on treadmill at gym without the brace I get knee pain.

last week I ran 1/2 mile one day, 1/2 mile another day with 2 mile on bike, and another day 2 miles on bike, and have knee pain since Friday. was sitting in recliner at home watching tv and playing on our tablet and was feeling moderate pain in right knee

What is this? What should I do for this-Doctor, Stretching/Exercises? Any advice would be appreciated.

What if I do nothing and just continue to use brace. the insurance I have right now is Medicaid from Illinois.

atti_editor responded:
Hi jszaradowski,

Your doctor is the best person to speak with about what is causing your knee pain, but this article may help you begin to decipher what is causing your pain. These 11 knee pain dos and don'ts as well as this article on walking to relieve knee pain , and these exercises for knee osteoarthritis may also be helpful. Please let us know how you are doing!

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

Running ShoesExpert
Remember to replace your running shoes every 300-400- miles or every 6 months. Many running related injuries are due to worn out footwear. More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center