Skip to content
Ankle Swelling
An_253890 posted:
have severe swelling in my left foot and ankle. I broke that foot a month ago it has since healed. Can anyone tell me why my ankle and foot might still be swollen.

Thanks

atti_editor responded:
It may be a good idea to contact your doctor to see if swelling is normal after cast removal (if you had a cast for your injury). Even though the break in your foot may have healed, there could be some residual swelling. Please let us know how you are doing!

kandikaaiin replied to atti_editor's response:
I have spoken to my doctor and I can't seem to get any straight answers. My ankle and foot is so swollen that most of the time I can't get a shoe on my foot. When I wake up in the morning my ankle looks almost normal but as soon as I start my day it swells up like a balloon. I don't know what else to do. Is this much swelling normal after a break?

Helpful Tips

Running ShoesExpert
Remember to replace your running shoes every 300-400- miles or every 6 months. Many running related injuries are due to worn out footwear. More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center