Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

ruptured Baker's cyst
catsaremyblanket posted:
An ultrasound revealed that I had a ruptured Baker's cyst, 4 centimeters in length. I have been in pain for over a week now. I can't take NSEDs because I have EERD. My rheumatologist is hesitating to shoot me up with cortisone, in hopes the cyst will resolve itself. I'm having such difficulty walking; I don't feel safe on the street. At work, I'm not able to perform as usual. My job involves a lot more racing about than I had ever noticed before my injury. How long could this pain last?

Take the Poll

What Should I do about my ruptured Baker's cyst
  • use vacation days to rest at home with my knee elevated
  • Go on proton pump inhibitors and take the NSEDs
  • get the shot of cortisone
  • get an MRI to rule out underling soft tissue damage
  • have the cyst removed.
View Poll Results
atti_editor responded:
Hi catsaremyblanket,

I am sorry that you are in so much pain. Here is some information on baker's cysts that you may find helpful. It includes some options for home treatment that might try. Have you spoken with your doctor about any pain management options that are available to you?

Best wishes,
1bakerscyst responded:
It has been 8 weeks since my ruptured baker's cyst. The MRI showed no problems in my knee. The night it happened I was in so much pain and had lots of swelling. I could not walk for several days. At 6 weeks it felt better but was not healed. At 8 weeks after a busy day at work getting up and down out of my chair it is swollen and painful once again. Can you please share your story with me? I can not find any information about recovery.

Helpful Tips

pain on your bikeExpert
Proper bike fit is one of the more important elements to enjoying a ride. A proper bike fit can help prevent neck pain, back pain, hand ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center