Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
ruptured Baker's cyst
catsaremyblanket posted:
An ultrasound revealed that I had a ruptured Baker's cyst, 4 centimeters in length. I have been in pain for over a week now. I can't take NSEDs because I have EERD. My rheumatologist is hesitating to shoot me up with cortisone, in hopes the cyst will resolve itself. I'm having such difficulty walking; I don't feel safe on the street. At work, I'm not able to perform as usual. My job involves a lot more racing about than I had ever noticed before my injury. How long could this pain last?

Take the Poll

What Should I do about my ruptured Baker's cyst
  • use vacation days to rest at home with my knee elevated
  • Go on proton pump inhibitors and take the NSEDs
  • get the shot of cortisone
  • get an MRI to rule out underling soft tissue damage
  • have the cyst removed.
vote
View Poll Results

atti_editor responded:
Hi catsaremyblanket,

I am sorry that you are in so much pain. Here is some information on baker's cysts that you may find helpful. It includes some options for home treatment that might try. Have you spoken with your doctor about any pain management options that are available to you?

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

pain on your bikeExpert
Proper bike fit is one of the more important elements to enjoying a ride. A proper bike fit can help prevent neck pain, back pain, hand ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center