Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

ulner nerve
    An_263806 posted:
    I've had two surgeries on my ulnar nerve on my left elbow. The last one
    worked well for 12 years. I am now experiencing numbness in my ring finger as well as pinky again. Numbness and extreme heat. No nsaids because of history of bleeding ulcers. Is there something new for this type of in jury?

Goldenfinches4 responded:
    I too am scheduled to have Ulnar Nerve surgery this month. I am curious as to what may have caused yours. I have multiple poly neuropathies through out my body and every year they find more. My Ulnar nerve is completely damaged and has entrapment at the upper elbow. Unfortunately
    I have dealt with having body joints that just decide to lock up. I have no clue as to why. Usually they will eventually unlock after a period of 4 to 6 months, for no explainable reason. The left elbow was the last to do this but it lasted more than a year this time. In the past with neurologist, I have seen many, I have tried cortisone steroids or methylprednisolone. They do nothing at all to unlock the joint and have no effect at all. Also Nortriptyline, Amitriptyline, gabapentin, Lyrica ect... that treats the nerves for most patients. The only thing any of these did was cause MORE problems and did not help anything. Especially the Lyrica that caused my neuropathy area of the long thoracic nerve at the spine to swell and felt like a dagger was stabbing & grinding unbearable pain into my upper back. Took a LONG time after stopping that medication, for the pain to decrease. After asking my primary physician about WHY Lyrica was causing this, I found that this medication contains CREATINE! The same thing body builders use to SWELL MUSCLE. In my opinion that is the worst thing to prescribe for fibromyalgia or any patient having any condition where swelling is a problem that already causes problems like bruising from bursting capillaries & blood vesicles!
    Fortunately I was referred to a neurologist that decided to try treating the ligaments & tendons instead of nerves with Savella. And it has worked and continues to work preventing anymore locking up joints. Since I am going to see the surgeon this month, I will let you know if anything out there is new for this. Although, I don't know what caused the nerve damage to begin with. Like all my other MANY neuropathies that are considered to be of unknown etiology. I have like 80% of my body's nerves tested that show as multi-poly neuropathy's of unknown etiology. So I have motor function lacking sensory function.

Helpful Tips

Cure
    Please, check out my web page. www.walk-n-heal.com I had Plantar Fasciitis and ended up inventing an insert that cures the ailment. My ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center