Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Knee injury
    An_264008 posted:
    I have been playing soccer since May and have developped a knee injury. My knee becomes extremely swollen not only when I play soccer but during normal activities as well. Does anyone know how this might have happened and how I can heal it?

atti_editor responded:
    Have you been to see a doctor about this swelling? Did you twist it while playing or remember any other injury? We cannot give a diagnosis or medical advice here, but there are number of injuries that can cause swelling in the knee. It is important that you see a doctor for a proper diagnosis and treatment plan.

serenade responded:
    Some estimate that nearly 80 percent of runners/sportsmen are injured each year. (They don't tell you that before joining the track team.) Most injuries are caused by overuse— Here are 3 of the most common ailments that plague those who hit the pavement, along with a few ways to stop the pain[br>Achilles tendinitis: The swelling of the Achilles, the tissues that connect your heel to your lower-leg muscles,[br>Plantar fasciitis: This tricky-to-pronounce pain is due to inflammation, irritation, or tearing of the plantar fascia [br>Runner's knee: Experiencing a tender pain around or behind the kneecap is usually a sure sign of patellofemoral pain syndrome, a fancy term for runner's knee.[br>Source:http://www.healthunits.com/how-to-prevent-common-running.../

Helpful Tips

Cure
    Please, check out my web page. www.walk-n-heal.com I had Plantar Fasciitis and ended up inventing an insert that cures the ailment. My ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center