Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Excessively Tight Shoulder / Upper trap muscles.
    An_266291 posted:
    I had a grade 5 shoulder separation to my right shoulder 2 Xmas ago. 1 year later I had surgery to repair it. The surgery failed as the re-attached ligaments broke free during recovery.2 months prior to the surgery I was diagnosed with arthritis in the neck. MRI showed moderate degeneration of 4 joints with mild Stenosis. 3 spine surgeons have said the condition is not advanced enough for surgery.

It has been difficult to seperate symptoms between these 2 problems. I have neck pain and headaches every day. I also get extreme tightness in the top of my upper shoulders( both) and upper traps. It can be debilitating first thing in the morning. Which problem should the muscle tightness be attributed to and does it indicate any undetected injury.

One thing to note, none of the spine surgeons could adequately explain why I get this tightness. As if they did not believe me.

Helpful Tips

My Easy Fix
    I went through ALL the treatments, physical therapy, steroid injections, different shoes, "the boot"...none of it worked. Then, I had a ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center