Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Sprained Thumbs
    Interstellar007 posted:
    I sprained both of my thumbs. I would pop my thumbs by making a fist with my thumb inside and then i would squeeze it to pop it. I am 19 years-old and i have done it this way all my life without a single problem, this time unfortunately i squeezed it too hard evidently. So the intial injury from popping it was very very minor, i would have considered it a strain rather than a sprain, it was just minor soreness, but i still had full function and full strength in both thumbs, so me being a fool thought it was just minor tendonitis that will heal within 3 days, after 24 hours there was no more soreness and it felt like normal but i waited 2 extra days before playing the PlayStation 4 (Video Game Console) but when i played, it made it worser than the initial strain, so then this time i waited a week, again it felt fine so i resumed getting on my laptop and then played video games again and it made it much much worse, this time with pain and stiffness etc. So that is how i sprained both of my thumbs, i've had it for about 1 month and a half and from googling my symptoms i think i may have partially a torn ligament and/or trigger thumb or repetitive strain injury. They feel almost halfway healed and i have already started thumb exercises, but it's far from being fully healed. They are still weak too. So i have been wearing 2 Futoro Thumb Stabilizers by 3M. They have helped tremendously. My question is, will i ever be able to play video games again? Video games are my life and a part of me will die if i can't play anymore and will almost see no point of living anymore. If i can play, how soon should it be after they fully heal/resolve. My right thumb is doing better than my left thumb, my left thumb hurts on the underside of it when squeeze something too hard.

Helpful Tips

Cure
    Please, check out my web page. www.walk-n-heal.com I had Plantar Fasciitis and ended up inventing an insert that cures the ailment. My ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center