Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

stress fracture?
    CKoss posted:
    For awhile now I've been experiencing pain on the top of my right foot(I'm a runner--approx. 4 miles 5x per week--until now!). The pain comes on more more as I run, by the time I'm done--& especially right after I'm done, it just throbs like crazy! Curiously, the pain gradually goes away after an hour or two, & I go through this basically 5 days a week, for approx 6 weeks now. Upon researching, the symptoms look an awful lot like a metatarsal stress fracture--slight swelling, no bruising, the only discrepancy is that the very spot I can pinpoint as the source of pain/injury is quite far back of the top of my right foot, left of center, about 1--1 & 1/2 inches from where the front of the shin meets the foot. I would suspect an injury to the 2nd metatarsal at the base, but I think it's too far back, more like the mid foot, either one of the cuneiform bones, or the cuboid, ot the navicular even?? Not sure which one is the spot if my issue. Anyhow, is a stress fracture possible in that area? Or would a soft tissue injury be more likely? Any ideas(besides the obvious "go to the doctor")or input as to what it may be? Thanx!

Helpful Tips

Hydration and the HeatExpert
    Keep in mind with the warmer weather upon us, that our bodies will take some time to adapt to the temperature changes. Our bodies adapt ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    26 of 36 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center