Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Toenail Injury Shoe Problem Growing Back Weird
    Misscay987 posted:
    Last year I Injured my big toe and severely damaged the nail so it had to grow back. Crazy enough while that was healing I actually managed to damage the nail on my other big toe, I kid you not. So a year later my toe nails are healed and back to normal. The weird thing is I feel like the nails on my big toes are sticking up higher than they were before and higher than any of my toes. Now suddenly I can not find any shoes that fit me when I had never had trouble before. I used to wear a standard 10 but now even a 10w doesn't fit most the time because the nails on my big toes stick up too high. But a size 11 shoe is always too big so I'm basically shoeless. I'm becoming desperate and frustrated. Am I going crazy? What I want to know is has anyone else had this problem after a nail injury. I can't find anything about it online.

Helpful Tips

My Easy Fix
    I went through ALL the treatments, physical therapy, steroid injections, different shoes, "the boot"...none of it worked. Then, I had a ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center