Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Twisted ankle
kerdon posted:
I was stepping off of a curb today and I must have landed wrong because I think I twisted my ankle, which made me fall. I had layed there on a ground for a few minutes because my ankle hurt but I finally managed to getup and get to my bus. As I walked around it hurt less but still pretty bad and after I let it rest then tried walking again, it hurt worse than before. The pain is sharp and right now I have my ankle on ice but if I move it just a little it hurts very very bad. Do you think it's worth it to go to the hospital? Also, I know this may not be in the right exchange but I couldn't figure out where it goes and I know that this could happen during sports.

jusim81 responded:
You should get an X-ray done but ankle sprains can be very painful as well. I feel for you I rolled my ankle in January and I am still in recovery. I didn't think it was that bad but I've torn 2 ligaments and have a small fracture on a bone.

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
Here is additional information on Ankle Sprains .

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

pain on your bikeExpert
Proper bike fit is one of the more important elements to enjoying a ride. A proper bike fit can help prevent neck pain, back pain, hand ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 23 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center