Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Pulled muscle in left pec/under arm
An_227305 posted:
About a week ago I was on my last set of bench press and during the concentric movement I felt my muscle pull...or tear, I'm not really sure. I did feel the muscle somewhat spasm from my underarm into my pec. Pain does not go all the way across my pec. just to about the center. I've been icing it all week and just started heat therapy. Can I also use ultrasonic massage/vibration to help cure it? What else can I do?

DUKE MEDICINE
David Berkoff, MD responded:
REST. You likely have a partial tear of you pectoralis muscle. Minor strains or partial tears can do well with rest and rehab. Some complete tears require surgical intervention. If there is a visible defect or any weakness get this looked at by a local sports med doc.

Nicolas79 replied to David Berkoff, MD's response:
I had a bicep/ pec tear last october and there is still a visible defect and weakness. I am a veteran and went to my local VA hospital and they said I was fine. Can I still have this repaired if it would need to be at this point?

Helpful Tips

My Easy Fix
I went through ALL the treatments, physical therapy, steroid injections, different shoes, "the boot"...none of it worked. Then, I had a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center