Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Torn Hip Ligament
    101153 posted:
    An MRI showed our 37 year old son with a torn ligament in the left hip.
    He has had an guided injection directly into the hip socket with no results. He is in so much pain. Our local Orthopedic Surgeon has sent his Medical Records to some Doctor in Tennessee. Is this a rare diagnosis? He was told that this surgery was not done in our area of upstate South Carolina.

He has a history of bilateral hip dislocation from an auto accident when he was 19. He also had a complication of RSD at the time.
    We are so afraid that this will come back. His local Dr. said this may be coming from that or from his playing Basketball.

EmilyAnnR responded:
    I have a hip problem too if your son needs to talk to someone for emotional support, please let me know... Because I am looking for support groups myself... I need to find people I can talk to that can relate to me... Thanks, Emily

Helpful Tips

Hydration and the HeatExpert
    Keep in mind with the warmer weather upon us, that our bodies will take some time to adapt to the temperature changes. Our bodies adapt ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    26 of 36 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center