Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Fell on arm about a week ago, still can?t straighten it.
notrandom posted:
I was riding my bicycle and fell when I made too sharp of a turn while going too fast. From what I remember I landed on my wrist, but looking at my arm and how the elbow is swollen and in pain, I may have landed on that too.
On the night of the accident, after I got up I "tested" my arm for any major injuries. I moved it, twisted it, and applied pressure to it? I felt what I thought would be normal pain one would receiving after falling off a bike, so I assumed at worst I would really feel it in the morning. And I did. My arm couldn't bend correctly and it was in pain for about 5 days. On the 6h day my arm was no longer in pain except when I try to bend it or move it fast (e.g. when shaking a bottle).
I have got a gut feeling that everything is fine and my arm is just swollen, but I would really like the opinion of someone who may know more about this kind of injury.

notrandom responded:
anyone?

Amelia_WebMD_Staff replied to notrandom's response:
Hi nostrandom,

Sorry for the late response, but I think that you should see a doctor if your arm is not bending correctly and you are in pain. Please do see your physician if you haven't already. Please keep us posted and I wish you the best!

Helpful Tips

Hydration and the HeatExpert
Keep in mind with the warmer weather upon us, that our bodies will take some time to adapt to the temperature changes. Our bodies adapt ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center