Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Small bump under ribs near center of upper ab area right side
    ruuneer posted:
    I have been working out upper body now for a few months intense, more than I have in the past. Doing sit ups on incline bench, regular sit-ups, lift weights and push ups. I recently noticed a small lump just under the rib cages near the center of the upper ab area on the right side. It is not painful if I push on it, I was thinking it was a muscle since I am doing the situps but is only on the right side, I could be doing the situps wrong, but I am worried the bump is something not good, any ideas?

It does not hurt, its not discolored, I can see it if I lean backwards.

davidamendoza responded:
    i have the same little bump in the middle of my chest just under where the ribs meet. i hope to get xrays soon but if anyone has any info on this small painless bump that i´ve had for years, please reply. the little bump seems a little bigger but i think it has to do with having grown in age. i also have joined a gym this month and been doin upper body workouts and i attend the gym monday to friday each week. i see it only if i pull my arms back and pushing my chest out and suck in my stomach to show it more... i have had a fat kid land on my chest when i was younger playing backyard football, i´m a slender guy. could the trama have caused it? what is the bump please? is it normal or common?

Helpful Tips

Cure
    Please, check out my web page. www.walk-n-heal.com I had Plantar Fasciitis and ended up inventing an insert that cures the ailment. My ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center