Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Plantar Fasciitis - Help
nobody102 posted:
I play racquetball several times a week. I started getting pain in my left foot (bottom heel, 1/3 of the way up) about a month ago. I think this is from stepping off on the foot while playing. Quite painful when I get up, and during the day after sitting for a while. I already wear a custom orthotic. I am doing stretches every day. Now it is painful almost all the time. Is there anything I can do other than stop playing for a while? Am I doing damage if still exercising? I also do cardio such as stationary bike, elliptical, etc. Do I need to stop all that? This is very frustrating!

An_227391 responded:
I have the same thing...... I have been stretching a lot, and icing after everything. I also use a golf ball and run along the bottom of my feet and heel. Have you tried icing?

An_227392 responded:
I had this with I was playing soccer with my horribly flat feet. My doctor wrapped it and left the bandage on for two weeks. I also got orthopedics and was instructed to wear a pair of shoes that had arch supports in them around the house when I didn't have my normal sneakers on. It still bothers me after that but I find that wrapping it with an ace bandage helps. The bandage shouldn't hinder your exercise ( I played games while I had both feet wrapped)

nobody102 replied to An_227391's response:
Yes, I am trying all that. I when to an Ortho. I have been on 800 mg Advil for 2 weeks, and just stopped. He gave me a night splint to wear, and it is too uncomfortable, and there is no way I can sleep with it. Going to get some P/T next week to make sure I am doing all the right exercises. I am also getting new custom orthotics. I currently have custom orthotics, but they are too soft in the heel, so getting new ones that are a harder plastic material. Hopefully, that will help.

nobody102 replied to An_227392's response:
How did they wrap it? With an adhesive wrap? I've seen a video for that.

An_227393 replied to nobody102's response:
When the doctor did it it wasn't adhesive but when I do it I use adhesive and it works fine. What they did was they wrapped it a couple times around where the arch of my foot would be and then wrapped a little around my ankle. I think they said they put it around my ankle to support the bottoms of my feet more but I don't remember. That's how I do it and it works pretty well.

Helpful Tips

pain on your bikeExpert
Proper bike fit is one of the more important elements to enjoying a ride. A proper bike fit can help prevent neck pain, back pain, hand ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center