Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Shoulder Pain After Fall On Ice
camelback43 posted:
On Dec, 19th while at the hospital with my mother-in-law in emergency room, I went outside to call my kids. It had snowed the previous day, so what was left was black ice on parking lot. I had my hands in my coat pockets and then it happened. I fell on my right side after stepping on the ice with my hands still in my pockets. Thats how fast it happened. I believe that when I fell on my right side I either fell with my right arm down (fell on my arm) or either my arm went up catching my fall towards my head, all still with my hands in my pockets. Really don't know. Now after 4 weeks I still have a nagging, stabbing kind of pain almost directly on top portion of my arm below my collarbone. During the day at work pain will work into my middle to lower portion of shoulder blade Also have weakness in using my arm in certain positions. All pain is just a constant nag, nothing really painful unless I extend my arm in certain positions. This is really getting old. Any ideas? Please help.

Helpful Tips

Hydration and the HeatExpert
Keep in mind with the warmer weather upon us, that our bodies will take some time to adapt to the temperature changes. Our bodies adapt ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center