Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
after a fall, knee pain
notsosmooth posted:
I injured my knee after falling down a snowy hill about 3 weeks ago. When I fell my right leg was bent at the knee to about a 90 degree angle straight out to the side. Since then the pain has not lessened. There was no edema, no bruising, but if I bend my knee to the same degree I have an increase in pain, feels like a burning sensation and I can palpate an area at the inside of my knee that increases the pain. Pain is worse on the lateral inside of my knee but also have pain on the outer side of the knee. If I try to turn to my side in bed and bend my knees together the pain worsens. I am a travel nurse so I don't have a primary care doc to see, if I go to a urgent care center will they be able to check ligaments other than by use of XR or CT? If it is a ligament, am I making it worse by continuing to walk and work on it?

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi notsosmooth,

I hate to hear about your injury and personally believe that the best thing is to always contact your medical professional. Here is the WebMD Knee Problems Overview that contains information on knee injuries that may help you, especially when speaking with your physician.

I wish you the best! Take care. :)

Helpful Tips

pain on your bikeExpert
Proper bike fit is one of the more important elements to enjoying a ride. A proper bike fit can help prevent neck pain, back pain, hand ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center