Skip to content
injured arm shoveling snow 2 days ago.tendon or muscle tear?
BIGGJ posted:
heard snapping or popping noise when lifting shovel.this was followed by considerable pain and what looks like bulging muscle just below inside of elbow especially when rotating forearm to point thumb upward.elbow bends ok with little pain but hurts to rotate forearm to point thumb upward.Have been using R.I.C.E. therapy! with very slight improvement.

BIGGJ responded:
I forgot to mention I have no bruising and have been taking naproxene threetimes per day(3 220mg. tabs.every 6 hrs.). Family med. Dr. at clinic said continue what I am doing and see how it goes for couple weeks.I currently have no insurance and need to know what most affordable test to determine severity of injury would be.I may have state funded insurance in 30 days or so hopefully as I am currently out of work!

BIGGJ responded:

Helpful Tips

Hydration and the HeatExpert
Keep in mind with the warmer weather upon us, that our bodies will take some time to adapt to the temperature changes. Our bodies adapt ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center