Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Knee problems for 3 years now
Monkeymorgan posted:
I'm 16 and had knee problems for 3 years now. I'm not sure what it is called but it is common in teen girls and it happens when the cartilage behind the knee cap softens. My knees have gotten progressively worse over time. Once in awhile one or the other will feel fine but the longest that has ever lasted is 2 weeks. Usually before one of my knees gives out it pops a lot or grinds first. Today going to first hour my right knee gave out without warning and almost caused me to fall. My knees give out so often I'm pretty good at keeping my balance but this time had the wall not been there I would have been on my butt in the middle of the high school. Also the other night I was walking on the treadmill (it isn't electric) just wondering how far I could walk. I made it .16 of a mile before my knee gave out. Last semester in gym I did about .75 of a mile. What is this condition called? Does this typically happen when someone has it? Does it usually last 3 years? The doctor just keeps telling me to wait it out and has been no help thus far. He hasn't even told me what it is hence my first question.

An_227434 responded:
well im a wrestler and ive had knee problems for years now.

Monkeymorgan replied to An_227434's response:
What caused your knee problems÷

Monkeymorgan responded:
Since Monday my right knee has gotten worse. This is the worst it has been. I am barely able to put weight on it. What should I do?

Helpful Tips

pain on your bikeExpert
Proper bike fit is one of the more important elements to enjoying a ride. A proper bike fit can help prevent neck pain, back pain, hand ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center