Skip to content
Are my feet the problem?
Monkeymorgan posted:
I'm 16 and have had knee problems for about 3.5 years. I did pt 2 years ago. They said my feet pronated, were very flat and bunions had developed because of the way I walked. They thought that my feet were the cause my knee pain so they made me custom orthotics and we did loads of exercises. At the time you could see 3 of my toes from behind me. After about 3 months with no improvement I gave up and so did they. The latest diagnosis I had was bursitis but with something was going on too. They were supposed to be better by the time I was 16 which was last November. I wore my orthotics everyday up until the beginning of July. I was having foot pain so I stopped. The foot pain is minimal and doesn't effect me anymore as long as I don't wear my orthotics. I have noticed that my feet are flattening out again. My knees are also getting worse but they have been progressively getting worse for about a year now. They are pronating worse and my balance is way off. You can see all 5 toes from behind me. The docs don't think it is my feet causing my knee pain and I used to agree. Three physical therapists, karate instructor and now I think my feet could be causing my pain. Could my feet be to blame? How could I tell if they were? Should I push the issue at my next visit? Am I killing myself by wearing Converse with no orthotics? Sorry for the long post and abundance of questions.

Helpful Tips

Hydration and the HeatExpert
Keep in mind with the warmer weather upon us, that our bodies will take some time to adapt to the temperature changes. Our bodies adapt ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center