Skip to content
Marathon training-quad pain
runnergurl69 posted:
I have been training for a marathon all spring/summer and 3 weeks ago I started having quad pain that starts out about mile 4. It starts as an "achy" sore feeling and as I progress, turns to pain, which then lasts for days. I just took 2 weeks off from running altogether in the hopes that it will heal, but sure enough, left one started at mile 4, right one at mile 6. My marathon is just over 2 weeks away and I'm VERY frustrated! What is going on?

Bhamon responded:
Things that come to mind is a stress fx. Follow up with your local orthopaedics Dr. routine x-ray may show cortical changes or a bone scan can help rule out stress fractures. Also. If you miss this marathon. The Marine Corp Marathon in Washington D.C. is my most favorite. Held Oct 31.

Helpful Tips

Running ShoesExpert
Remember to replace your running shoes every 300-400- miles or every 6 months. Many running related injuries are due to worn out footwear. More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center