Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Baseball player/elbow pain
Anon_39764 posted:
One day I went to the field to throw and I warmed-up extremely well then stretched out.when I was in the middle of throwing to warm-up my arm it began to hurt so I stopped. I went home iced it for 20min and used sport creams ,then I tryed to throw again like 2 days later it still hurt,so I took 2 weeks off,I was still icing it, using sport creams and still lifting,hitting and doing other stuff with my elbow because only throwing was hurting it and the other stuff was just bothering it on a 2 on a 1-10 scale.I went to the doctor got x-rays and an MRI everything came out fine and they put me on Naproxen for a while,as soon as I tried to throw again it still hurt and it felt like it was worst than before and I was gradually increasing the distance every other day I was throwing like rehabbing it not like I was rushing it back to strength either.And it only hurts when I throw everything else like lifting,hitting and other athletic things only hurt it like a 3 on a 1-10 scale/WHAT IS WRONG?I went to the doctor on 11/14/11 and they are going to try physical therapy

deadmanwalking57 responded:
You may be throwing partially side arm.

Try keeping you arm and hand very high throwing, with your elbow passing beside your head as the arm comes forward.

This cured my chronic arm problems throwing, instantly. My throwing distance and accuracy doubled in a week.

vnzla replied to deadmanwalking57's response:
I got my throwing mechanics reviewed and the therapist said they were good,she said my shoulder was very stiff and tense and she said that could be the reason my elbow is taking the punishment

Helpful Tips

pain on your bikeExpert
Proper bike fit is one of the more important elements to enjoying a ride. A proper bike fit can help prevent neck pain, back pain, hand ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 23 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center