Skip to content
Knee Arthroscopy
jobeck10 posted:
I had an arthroscopy on my knee Dec 13, 2011. After my follow-up with the doctor 3 weeks later, I asked him when I could start running again. He told me I could as soon as I could walk 2 miles without any pain. So I tried walking right away and had no pain after 2 miles, so I started a slow jogging program on the treadmill. % minutes walking, 5 jogging at 5mph, I did this off and on until I ran for 15 minutes. It felt great and no pain. The next day I walked again the day after ran the same way as the first time. I didn't have any pain then either until later. If I push on the inside of my knee, to the right of the kneecap, it is quite sore. It doesn't hurt to walk or even run. I am baffled by this pain. It feels like I hit it on something. Any idea on what is causing my pain? Thanks for any info you can provide.

mfullmike responded:
I'm not a doctor, but have had three surgeries on my knees for torn miniscus. You didn't say why you had arthroscopy or what the damage was. That can make all the difference in the answers you get. I was a runner until the third surgery and had to give it up at that point. After the first surgery I felt good and after four months I started running again. After awhile the knee became inflamed and I had to back off. I gave it complete rest for a few weeks and took Ibuprofen regularly for the inflammation. I came back slowly and it was fine. Don't rush it. My knees didn't feel fully strong again for almost a year.

Helpful Tips

Hydration and the HeatExpert
Keep in mind with the warmer weather upon us, that our bodies will take some time to adapt to the temperature changes. Our bodies adapt ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center