Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
while sitting, can't cross left leg over right knee after low back injury
marieh9 posted:
I have posted previously but had a new question. I was injured several times 1. dog attached by least to pants pulled me forward. 2. PT was doing a manual adjustment did wrong leg and caused major pain, sat too much. 3. was laying on bed with knees bent and left knee fell out to left side (free fall) and I felt a tear but don't know if there was. I have had chronic pain since in one spot on my low back near the L5-S1 area on the buttock sort of near the SI joint. I had a MRI of lower back and bone scan before injury #3 and it was totally normal. I had a hip Xray after injury 3 and it was also normal. After injury 3 I can cross my left leg over the right knee while sitting but not the same as the right side. When I try, the muscles in the left buttock are very tight and I get increased pain in the injury area mentioned above but it doesn't last into the next day. After a year and a half I still can't cross that leg properly and was told to stop trying to cross it for about 6 months until my pain when down. The pain is getting better but I tried again to cross it and it still is frozen. Will I be able to loosen it up if I keep trying? Is there something wrong that I should get checked or is it just scar tissue? what should I do? I am walking a hour a day including hills and doing some chores and driiving but I can't do all my chores yet.
thanks in advacne for any suggestions.
Marieh9

Helpful Tips

pain on your bikeExpert
Proper bike fit is one of the more important elements to enjoying a ride. A proper bike fit can help prevent neck pain, back pain, hand ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center