Skip to content
constant knee pain
An_244179 posted:
I have recently started running 3-4 times per week, anywhere from 3-6 miles per run. I run at the gym on a treadmill. When I first start running, both of my knees hurt pretty badly. After running for about 10 minutes, the pain mostly subsides. During the day, walking up and down stairs, or even running a few steps after my son really hurts. The pain is equal in both knees, and on the inside, front of the knees. It feels like it's the joint, or maybe cartlidge issues, but I really don't know what could be causing the pain. Any help, ideas, suggestions?

jaystyles88 responded:
From my experience, it seems that most knee injuries are due to improper landing and walking and posture. Trust me, I had a career ending spinal injury, I almost was not going to walk anymore, and I did hollistic healing and came back. My knees dont hurt anymore, my spinal injury is almost healed, i can play basketball now, and I am only 23 years old. Bro, one suggestion, and you better do it, DONT RUN ON CONCRETE. ONLY IN GYM. ANd if you are overweight, losing weight can aid your joints all over your body. Your knees are very important bro, dont play around with that part of your body. Ice them before running, stretch out, and after a work out, ice them again and stretch. This aids your synovial fluid to be regulated and given water and oxygen as you do this. The bloood becomes oxygenated and filled with hydrogen. Trust me it will make a difference.

Helpful Tips

Hydration and the HeatExpert
Keep in mind with the warmer weather upon us, that our bodies will take some time to adapt to the temperature changes. Our bodies adapt ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center