Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Elbow pain but no swelling
Anon_22455 posted:
3 weeks ago, at my martial arts class, my trainer was demonstrating a take down technique with me as the person who was being take down. I didn't break my fall properly and fell on my elbow It hurt for a few minutes, bruised the next day and got better the next few days.

Fast forward to last week, again at martial arts class, fell again the wrong way on it. Pain was excruciating for a few minutes but eventually got better. Since then, there's a bruise and everytime I'm lying down and roll on it the pain is intense.

There's no swelling at all and I can move my arm fully wihtout pain. I can lift a bag of groceries and do push-ups without pain either. But there's a spot that is very tender when I touch it.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
It sounds like you might have a deep bruise. However, 3 weeks is a long time to have pain - I think a check up with your doctor is entirely appropriate at this time!

Haylen

Helpful Tips

Hydration and the HeatExpert
Keep in mind with the warmer weather upon us, that our bodies will take some time to adapt to the temperature changes. Our bodies adapt ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center