Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Incomplete Meniscus
An_245064 posted:

I've been playing soccer for a number of years and a few months ago started getting pain in my knee. I had an MRI done and what was found was an incomplete discoid meniscus, with no indication of a meniscus tear.

I'm currently waiting to meet with a surgeon, but I'm trying to understand what the options might be. There's plenty of information on meniscus tears, but very little on treatments for incomplete meniscus. Would anyone know what the options are for treating an incomplete meniscus?

Thanks in advance
Dave

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
I found an old post with information on an incomplete meniscus that might help. Click here:

http://forums.webmd.com/3/sports-medicine-exchange/forum/563/0

Good luck when you meet with the surgeon!

Haylen

DavidHook replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:

Thanks - well the good news is that the surgeon figures that the injury is not related to the incomplete meniscus and so he's recommending physiotherapy rather than surgery.

Helpful Tips

My Easy Fix
I went through ALL the treatments, physical therapy, steroid injections, different shoes, "the boot"...none of it worked. Then, I had a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center