Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Elbow Pain
patriotpizzaman posted:
I began having pain in my elbow a few years ago. I noticed the pain the first time shortly after increasing an exercise regimen of push ups to 500 a day. The pain was in the side touching my body. Directly where the forearm muscles attach to the elbow. I stopped doing the excessive amounts of push ups and the pain went away. A few years later I began playing my guitar in excess of 5 hours a day (I had two shows a week I was preparing for). I began having trouble with my hand and forearm and eventually my elbow too. I'm now unable to perform any more and don't exercise or play my guitar but, the pain is worsening to the point that I cannot lift anything over a couple of pounds without sharp pain in my elbow and it aches constantly. What can I do to get back the use of my arm?

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Have you seen a physician? If pain has kept you from exercise and your guitar, you should make an appointment ASAP to see if you can get relief! The sooner the better...

Haylen

Helpful Tips

My Easy Fix
I went through ALL the treatments, physical therapy, steroid injections, different shoes, "the boot"...none of it worked. Then, I had a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center