Skip to content
Ankle soreness for hurdler
An_245143 posted:
I am a high school competitive hurdler, and recently I have been having pain in my left ankle, which is the ankle I land on after clearing a hurdle. This pain started after I landed wrong during a race. I was able to finish the race with relatively little pain, but immediately afterwords it was very sore.
The pain is on the top of my ankle. I can bear weight on it easily, but flexing or rotating my ankle is very painful, especially when I point it to the outside and try to bring it back straight.
It is mainly exercise induced, but usually after really hard practices/meets it is hard to walk the next day (not because of weight, but because I have to bend my ankle to walk). I have seen a trainer about it, and he said I may have "tweaked" a ligament. I was wondering if anybody has had this same issue and whether it was just soreness or an actual injury. Thanks!

Helpful Tips

pain on your bikeExpert
Proper bike fit is one of the more important elements to enjoying a ride. A proper bike fit can help prevent neck pain, back pain, hand ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center