Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    muscle weakness
    rahmanbanat posted:
    24 years old male , had an arthroscope due to limitation in ROM . especially while the flexion in addition to sever knee pain .
    the arthroscope result was ( synovial hypertrophy ) , then the pt got the weakness in the thigh muscles & still the sever pain found and it increase with walking .
    so , what is the best procedure to increase the strength & relive this pain !!??
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful
    Mary Ann Wilmarth, PT, DPT, OCS responded:
    It sounds like you need increased strength and endurance in the leg muscles including, but not limited to, the quadriceps (front of thigh), hamstrings (back of thigh), and all leg and hip muscles. In addition, you want to work on balance after having surgery.

    I would recommend that you find a physical therapist to work with in order to assess and determine what exercises would be most beneficial for your particular situation. You can look under Find a PT at

    Definitely do follow up with this since the strength is extremely important with the functioning of the knee.

    Dr. Wilmarth

    Helpful Tips

    Hydration and the HeatExpert
    Keep in mind with the warmer weather upon us, that our bodies will take some time to adapt to the temperature changes. Our bodies adapt ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    26 of 36 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Sports Medicine Center