Skip to content
TIAs
pbfamu95 posted:
I was recently diagnosed as having TIAs. How do I control them? How do I know when and episode is occurring? Recently I have been having alot of chest pains/tightening and shortness of breath. Is this a symptom of TIAs or something worse?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Pbfamu,

Any time you have a new symptom worthy of concern (and yours is), please seek medical attention. The symptoms you describe could suggest some heart involvement or simple anxiety but you don't know so need to get some help figuring it out.

And be sure to ask your doctor(s) these questions. They have an obligation to fill you in on your own health condition(s).

In the meantime, click here for information on the symptoms of a TIA.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Any Exercise is Good!Expert
A recent study looked at exercise in people with Parkinson's Disease, http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/740854 but I think the results ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.