Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Is this a TIA?
jlarkns posted:
I suddenly experienced numbness in my left hand that went up my arm. I could not feel my hand at all. It lasted maybe 30 seconds to a minutes and completely left. The left side of my face is slightly numb in the neck & jaw line bothers me now. I had been sitting at the computer all day and thought it caused it.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Jlarkns,

It may not have been a TIA but it's worth a trip to your doctor to find out the cause. Whatever it is, you want to get it checked out to ensure your good health now and in the future.

jlarkns replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Went to ER & no decision was made as to if it was a TIA or pinched nerve. CT scan & S-rays didn't show evidence of one. My doctor wanted to do more testing-MRI. My face still is slightly numb on my cheeks & around my eye. My arm has gone numb two more times but passes. No sure of my next step.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance with Expensive MedicationsExpert
I have had many patients whose pocket book is stretched by taking many expensive medications. One of the most useful Internet sites is ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 16 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.