Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
undiagnosed stroke results
josykat posted:
I was at work in a hospital at night, it was a very hectic, busy night. I started at 6pm, and finally at 4am, went down to the dept. to take report from someone that was leaving. I had more work to do, so I looked down at my paperwork and the room started spinning. I got a page to come give an infant a treatment and couldn't walk a straight line to do so. I called a coworker, he took care of it, then checked in on me. They had to get a wheel chair to take me to the ER. I was too weak to stand, couldn't say much, could only cry, and when I closed my eyes the room stopped spinning. When I reached the ER, I vomited, couldn't answer simple questions, and didn't respond to the drugs they were giving me. Still, the vertigo was constant and in various planes. When I closed my eyes, the vertigo stopped. I spoke mostly to the doc with my eyes closed, only opening them occasionally. He finally sent me home with the diagnosis of vertigo. That was 3 1/2 years ago. Since then, I have the symptoms of a constant peripheral vertigo with balance issues, as well as I am a fall risk. I can manipulate around the home, but going elsewhere is very difficult. I have had 2 TIA's since then. After the 1st one, I lost some vision in my right eye. After the 2nd, I lost the sense of taste. I have been to 3 neurologists, an opthoneurologist, an otolaryngologist, 2 ENT's, 4 different PT's, and of course, my PCP. Nobody knows what to do. I can use the computer for a little while, then I have to do something else. Whatever I do, I can only do it for a little while, then have to do something else. I'm very frustrated, any suggestions?

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi josykat,

I am sorry for such a late response and hope that you are feeling better. It sounds like you are having quite a rough time and have taken much action in finding a professional to help. I wish that I could do something to make you feel better, but all can give you is my support.

Do you have a support group to talk to about your symptoms? Family members? Friends? Close physician?

Here is a link to some information on Vertigo. Maybe you could look over this and see some ways of treatment as well as other causes that maybe could be a factor.

VERTIGO

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/vertigo

I hope that you feel better and stay in touch with others who can help. Best of Luck!
Best Wishes! Amelia

josykat replied to Amelia_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks for your empathy. I've been in a support group for 2 years now, and I am very thankful that we can talk about somewhat similar issues. I have learned that there are no real answers out there.

thanks again,
josykat

Amelia_WebMD_Staff replied to josykat's response:
Josykat,

You are more than welcome and I honestly do wish that I could be of more help to you. I AM glad that you have some support, but I know that answers would be nice as well. Sometimes it would just be easier if we were set up like robots, then at least we could refer to some sort of a basic manual. Unfortunately, nothing is basic anymore though. Try not to get too frustrated and enjoy life. :)

You are in my thoughts and prayers! :)
Best Wishes! Amelia

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance with Expensive MedicationsExpert
I have had many patients whose pocket book is stretched by taking many expensive medications. One of the most useful Internet sites is ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 16 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.