Skip to content
periodic numbness in face following TIA
couross posted:
I had a TIA in December 2009 due to hypertension and, I thought, was fully recovered with no damage. However, since then, I occasionally experience "slight" numbness in my face, occasionally both sides, but not severe enough to think I am having another stroke. The numbness is infrequent and usually lasts a day, but I am in my third day which is somewhat worrisome.

My blood pressure is somewhat elevated, 134 / 91, whereas I have been more in the range of 105 / 70 with medication since the TIA.

Is this occasional numbness normal for someone that has had a stroke or TIA?

JeffDaddy; responded:
I still have numbness in my face 3 years after my stroke. Keep track of when and how much and tell your neurologist.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance with Expensive MedicationsExpert
I have had many patients whose pocket book is stretched by taking many expensive medications. One of the most useful Internet sites is ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.