Skip to content
TIA or something else?
abba4 posted:
The past few weeks I have had several "episodes" that point toward a TIA, but I'm not sure because I'm only 35 but I do have high blood pressure.
1st episode - facial/temple pressure, right cheek tingling, lips and inside mouth went numb, difficulty swallowing.
2nd episode - numb cheek and tingling lips.
3rd episode - lips tingling, left arm numbness/tingling and left eyelid heaviness.
4th episode - severe pressure of face and head (felt like vise grip squeezing temples), could feel my heartbeat in face and teeth, inside of mouth numb with difficulty swallowing.
All of this has happened within the last 2-3 weeks. My dad is very worried because he had some of these same symptoms before his stroke last year. He also just told me that my grandmother died of a stroke when he was a little child. She was only 32 yrs old. I know I should see a doctor but I'm afraid all test will come back normal and I still won't know what's going on. Could there be something else wrong?

JeffDaddy responded:
Go see a doctor - don't be afraid of being told that you're healthy. Maybe it's anxiety? Maybe the doctor will find that you have high blood pressure and mitigate a potential stroke? Maybe the doctor will find that you've had a TIA and prescribe medication so that you don't have a debilitating stroke? Maybe you're right and it's nothing, but don't be afraid to get help. It could be something positive. Good luck.

jcmalex responded:
Go to the md I had similar warning signs and did nothing I am 49 and had a stroke aug 30th while on a business trip. I had TIA's and dismissed them don't make the same mistake i did.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Search non profit organizations that can help you in your area.
Search for non profit organizations that specialize in stroke and see if they can refer you to a Dr or Hospital. More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.