Skip to content
Massive stroke
dabadoya posted:
My mother died from a massive stroke two months ago. (lived a week) Prior to that everything was fine except she and daddy were picking on each other a month before and she fell backwards on the floor. She said that it was the worst pain ever. Found out three weeks later (no thanks from a certain doctor) she had a mild T12 vertebrae fracture. She was told to take inflammation medicine. After you read all of the side effects of the medicine you will have a stroke. Anyway I pushed the medicine on her thinking that it would help. I know my mother very well because we were together all of my life. Daddy told me that she was not taking both of her blood thinner pills each day for about three weeks. Just taking the morning one. I know, I just know she wasn't taking the extra pill because she was afraid to take it with the anti-flammation pills. She never liked to mix meds. Do you think that the stress that she was going through with the fracture, taking the inflammation med and not taking the blood thinner caused the stroke?
Do you just think it was her time? I miss my mama so much. I cry everyday. It feels like half of my body is gone.
Thanks

JeffDaddy; responded:
You didn't do anything wrong. Your mother made the choices - she was an adult who could make those choices. Your father didn't cause the stroke by picking on her either. I'm going to guess that like most medications, the label said "MAY" cause stroke not "WILL". Sometimes it's the roll of the dice and just that time. Don't kick yourself - sounds like you enjoyed your mother's company and it's reasonable that you miss her. Enjoy her memory. Best of luck.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Any Exercise is Good!Expert
A recent study looked at exercise in people with Parkinson's Disease, http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/740854 but I think the results ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.